Colterra Beet Salad2 large organic red beets 2 large organic chioggia beets 1 oz organic chives 1 oz organic basil 1 oz organic italian parsley 2 oz local Haystack Mountain Chevre 1 oz toasted walnuts 1/4 organic fennel bulb Organic extra virgin olive oil Apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
- Coat the beets in olive oil and roast on a baking sheet until easily pierced by the tip of a knife. Approx 30 min.
- Allow the beets to cool and peel with a pairing knife. Cut the beets into medium dice and reserve.
- Chop the chives into 1/2 inch segments. Pick the basil leaves from the stems and cut into thin strips. Pick the parsley leaves from the stems and leave whole.
- Shave the fennel as thin as possible.
- In a small bowl whisk together 2 tablespoons cider vinegar and 6 tablespoons olive oil.
- In a mixing bowl combine the beets, herbs, cider vinaigrette, and mix gently with a spoon.
- Place beets and herbs on salad plates and top with the goat cheese, walnuts and shaved fennel. Drizzel olive oil over the top and serve.